Good day to all you MHA CCG fans out there! I’m really excited to be writing this message to you all. I’m a big fan of card games, including following a certain other Head Game Designer’s regular blog posts before a big release. So I asked our media department, and got the go ahead to write up this list, in an effort to emulate another designer I regard very highly.
We’re getting ready to start previews for the next expansion of the My Hero Academia CCG, but before we do, I wanted to give you some insight into what you’ll be seeing over the coming weeks. So I hope you’ll enjoy my MaRo style preview teasers for Heroes Clash!
Things you can expect to see in Heroes Clash:
- A cycle of attacks that gain Stun: 2.
- A cycle of foundations that destroy a foundation for a cost.
- 3 new Terrain assets.
- A card that breaks deck building rules.
- A long-awaited character!
- A common attack with Powerful: 4.
- A card that helps a “Sticky” archetype.
- A new (old) effect class joins the game!
- A character that uses counters!
- An attack with printed 10 damage.
Game Text on cards in Heroes Clash:
- Deadlock Enhance: Your rival loses 1 health for each Ranged attack in your card pool.
- Enhance: This attack gets +1 damage for every 3 foundations in your rival’s stage.
- Enhance Commit 1 foundation: This attack gets +1 damage and +1 to its EX rating. This enhance is playable any number of times this Enhance Step.
- After you block a high attack with this card, it deals no damage.
- Deadlock Enhance Flip: Ready 2 foundations. Add the top card of your deck to your momentum.
- Enhance Commit, name a card type: Discard the top card of your rival’s deck. If it is the named type, your attack gets +3 speed.
- Enhance Commit: If there are at least two different attack zones in your card pool, your next check to play a card gets +2.
- Enhance Discard 1 card: This attack gets +1 speed and gains Stun:1
- Enhance Discard 1 momentum: This attack gets -3 speed.
- Enhance Remove 1 Weapon card from your discard pile: Your rival loses 1 health. This ability cannot reduce your rival to below 1 health.
- Deadlock Response: After an attack is played, it gets +2 speed.
- Deadlock Enhance Commit: Your Kick, Punch or Slam attack gets +3 damage and gains Throw.
Some Keyword Combinations:
- Charge · Slam · Tech
- Breaker: 1 · Charge · Fury
- Punch · Combo (Mid Attack, Mid Attack)
- Powerful 3 · Weapon · Combo (Weapon, Combo)
- Slam · Stun: 1
Hope you enjoyed these insights to Heroes Clash! I can’t wait to see what amazing and creative decks you all dream up with this new expansion. Let’s have a fun preview season!