Good day to all you UniVersus fans out there!
My name is Tim Frie and I’m the lead game designer here at Jasco Games. The design team always has a lot of fun working on new cards, but this set in particular has been a blast. Focusing on the bad guys is not a thing we get to do often! We’re nearly ready to begin previewing the next expansion of the My Hero Academia CCG, but before we do, I wanted to give everyone some tidbits of what to expect over the coming weeks.
Things you can expect to see in League of Villains:
- Villains, of course!
- A cycle of powerful actions for blocking!
- 2 throwback reprints.
- 4 never-before-playable characters to build your deck around.
- An attack that searches your deck.
- Multiple Rare attacks with a Check of 1.
- The return of the “3 damage matters” archetype.
- The first 2-Difficulty attack printed for My Hero Academia.
- Revisiting counters as part of a character card.
- A brand new Keyword Ability!
Some Game Text on cards in League of Villains:
- Enhance Commit: If you have 5 or more different symbols in your card pool, this attack gets +2 damage or -2 speed.
- Deadlock First Form Commit: Destroy 1 rival foundation.
- Response Flip: After your rival adds a card to their momentum, they build it face down committed. Then they add 1 ready foundation to their hand, then add 1 card from their hand to their momentum.
- Enhance Remove, discard 1 card: Your rival cannot play or block with action cards during this attack.
- CHARACTER Enhance Flip, remove 1 momentum: Add 1 card from your discard pile to your momentum.
- Enhance: If this attack deals 3 or less damage, draw 1 card.
- If you have more health than your rival, this card gets -1 difficulty.
- Second Enhance Remove: This attack gets +2 damage. If it has Taunt, draw 1 card and it gains Stun: 1.
- Response Flip: After your attack deals more than its printed damage, gain 3 health.
- Enhance: Build 1 card with a check value of 6 from your card pool.
Some Keyword Combinations in League of Villains:
- EX: 2 • Tech • Weapon
- Ranged • Combo (Action)
- Ally · Flash · Weapon
- Throw · Combo (Combo)
- Kick · Weapon
I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek on what’s to come with League of Villains! Any idea what cards these could be? Be sure to comment your thoughts across our official social media channels, and get ready for a fun preview season!